Emory’s Research Ambassadors are a group of upper-level undergraduate students who have significant experience in undergraduate research.
The team of Research Ambassadors represents various multi- disciplinary academic research fields, from STEM to humanities to social sciences.
Emory’s Research Ambassadors have a passion for promoting undergraduate research at Emory and helping students connect with various research opportunities.
- One-on-one advising with students to help students get involved in research, find research opportunities, and tailor individualized research plans.
- Promote undergraduate research involvement and opportunities.
- Participate in roundtable or panel discussions.
- Develop and lead workshops and informational sessions.
- Plan and organize Fall and Spring Undergraduate research symposium.
- Visit classes to describe research opportunities.
- Participate in research.
Applications are open to students in all majors. Qualified applicants must have conducted two semesters OR one full summer to apply.
- Have an interest in promoting research at Emory.
Research Ambassadors guide students on navigating research from identifying a faculty mentor to developing independent research proposals. They also support URP research related events such as the URP College Symposia and Research Networking Night.
- Submit an application.
See the Application Materials section below for the application link.
“Joining a research space is such a wonderful experience, and people may not realize the value it has on growing your academic and life skills. What better way to thank Emory for giving me this wonderful opportunity than to share it with as many other students as I can?” – Kenny Igarza
- Share your research skills with aspiring researchers.
- Be involved in shaping Undergraduate Research Programs at Emory.
- Online Application Form
- Unofficial Transcript
You may download a pdf of your unofficial transcript from OPUS.
- Curriculum Vitae
Include a comprehensive review of your research experience.
- Recommendation Request Form
Select a faculty mentor who will speak to your experience as a researcher and a student leader. The faculty member will automatically receive an email with instructions for completeing the recommendation.