Application and Requirements
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the end of the preceding semester.
- Students must be in good standing.
- No transfer work or credit will be awarded for course work done during the summer without prior approval.
- Host school must be accredited.
- Complete the online application. A copy of the application is sent to a student's advisor for advising purposes. It is not the role of the advisor to determine equivalency courses. The Domestic Transient Study office authorizes final approval for transient study.
- A copy of the Letter of Authorization is e-mailed to the student and student’s advisor. Original records are kept in student’s file in the Office for Undergraduate Education.
- A Letter of Good Standing is mailed to the host institution indicated on the approved application. Delays in the Letter of Good Standing reaching the appropriate office can occur when an incorrect or incomplete address is entered on the application and could result in a delay in course registration. To avoid registration delays, please ensure that the mailing address entered on the application is correct.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade, and students must earn at least a "C" in a course in order to receive credit. (You may not receive credit that will result in your having more than 64 hours of credit.)
- While you may satisfy a First Year Writing Requirement with Transient Study credit, credit cannot be used to satisfy a Continuing Writing Requirement.
- If you are unable to enroll in the courses that you list on your original application, you may file a Supplemental Application listing the courses that you actually completed and/or the school(s) you actually attended, along with new course descriptions. (Use good judgment in selecting alternate courses – refer to your Emory Catalog to ensure courses match the description of the correlative Emory course.)
- Successfully complete pre-requisite(s) for course(s), if applicable.
- Submit one-time non-refundable application charge of $100 payable to Domestic Transient Study. Payment accepted with Visa or MasterCard credit card only (web link found on application page)
- Applications are checked for completeness. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have their official transcript(s) mailed from each host school attended in order to receive Transient Study credit. (Official transcripts are not accepted in person). These transcripts should bear the host school's official seal/stamp and be mailed from the host school to: Domestic Transient Study, Office for Undergraduate Education, Emory College of Arts and Sciences, White Hall 300, Atlanta, GA 30322 or submitted electronically via the Escrip-safe or Parchment transcript services.
- Emory awards no academic credit for study at another college or university (transient study) that has not been placed on the student’s official transcript by the end of that student’s first semester on campus following the completion of the transient work itself.
- Oxford Students must apply through Oxford College.
- Students seeking approval for summer courses taken overseas must contact the Office of International and Summer Programs (OISP) at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find out more study abroad information on the OISP website at http://college.emory.edu/oisp/index.html.
Domestic Transient Study Application
***Please note that Internet Explorer (PC) and Safari (Mac) are the preferred browsers for using these application forms***
First Time Applicants
If you have not yet submitted an Domestic Transient Study Application for this cycle, then you should complete the application form linked below. You should also click the link to pay your $100 Application Fee.
The cost to apply for Domestic Transient Study is $100. Click the link below to make a credit card payment. PAYMENT ACCEPTED WITH VISA OR MASTERCARD CREDIT CARD ONLY.
If you have already submitted an application for Domestic Transient Study for this cycle but you wish to amend or add a different school or additional/new courses to your application then you should complete the supplemental application linked below
NO PAYMENT IS REQUIRED FOR THE SUBMISSION OF A SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION