Dr. Susan Tamasi developed LING 343 Intercultural Discourse, an innovative online course that serves as the academic anchor for the Emory College Global Internship Program. "One of the biggest questions in the liberal arts focuses on what it means to be part of a culture," says Tamasi, professor of pedagogy and chair of linguistics. "This online component is how I can connect their experiences in their new cities and in their offices to the theoretical framework of exploring a different culture."Read more »
- NEW! Pilot seminar to prepare college students for their career search. Read more about Liberal Arts Edge!
- Online course connects Emory undergraduates in global internships
- Experience student travels through the Chinese Studies Program blog
- Learn about the Pre-College's Infectious Diseases Institute at the Emory News Center
- Discover three-week Maymester courses featured in the Emory Report
- Explore study abroad through the eyes of Emory student returnees