Morris K. Udall and Stewart L. Udall Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
Open to: Sophomores and juniors
Award type: Academic
Area(s) of study: All fields, with commitment to a career related to the environment; or Native American students with a commitment to tribal public policy or Native American health care
Award criteria: academic; service; leadership
Award provides: A portion of educational costs, including tuition, room and board, books, and other required fees (up to $5,000) and a four-day orientation in Tucson, AZ in August 2018
Open to international students: No
- Be committed to a career related to the environment, tribal public policy, or Native American health care
- Have a college GPA of at least a 3.0 (average GPA of 3.7 for recent winners in the environmental/ conservation category)
- Be pursuing full-time study during the 2017-18 academic year
The Udall Foundation provides scholarship support to students committed to careers related to the environment, tribal public policy, or Native American health care. Applicants must have substantive community service, as well as coursework and/or internships related to environmental concerns, tribal public policy, or Native health care. Applicants must have demonstrated already their capacity for leadership with a record of accomplishment, awards, or recognition that demonstrates their ability to achieve results. For more information, visit http://www.udall.gov/OurPrograms/MKUScholarship/MKUScholarship.aspx.
- Application form
- Essay on a speech, legislative act, book, or public policy statement by either Morris or Stewart Udall and its impact on your interests and goals
- 3 letters of recommendation
If you are interested in applying, download the application procedures.
Make an appointment with a National Scholarships and Fellowships Program advisor. We will help you determine your eligibility and, if you choose to apply, provide feedback on your application. Applicants may not apply directly, but must secure institutional nomination through our office.