Frequently Asked Questions
- I am interested in applying to Emory. Where do I find information about merit-based scholarships for incoming students?
- Where do I find information about funding for study abroad?
- Where do I find information about need-based financial aid?
- Are there awards for international students?
- Do I have to be an Emory Scholar to apply? Are Scholars more competitive than other applicants?
- What kinds of qualities make an applicant competitive?
- I am a recent alum of Emory College. Am I still eligible to apply for awards through your office?
- I am pursuing a graduate or professional degree through Emory. Am I eligible to apply?
- Are students from particular fields at an advantage for the Bobby Jones Scholarship?
- Are there gender quotas for the Bobby Jones Scholarship?
- I am interested in a fellowship in medicine at Emory. Who should I contact?
- I am interested in a Woodruff Fellowship at the Emory University School of Law. Where can I find more information?
I am interested in applying to Emory. Where do I find information about merit-based scholarships for incoming students?
Contact the Office of Admission.
For information about summer and semester study abroad programs and funding, visit CIPA.
For information about need-based financial aid, visit the Office of Financial Aid.
You do not have to be an Emory Scholar to apply for any of the awards administered through our program. Scholars do not have a competitive advantage over other, similarly qualified applicants.
Each award foundation sets its own eligibility and selection criteria. Some awards focus on academics, while others focus on research, service, or leadership; many are interested in candidates who demonstrate strength in multiple areas. In general, applicants need a minimum 3.0 GPA to be competitive, though there are some awards for which a competitive GPA is significantly higher. Schedule a consultation with a NS&FP advisor via ASST to discuss your eligibility and competitiveness for scholarships and fellowships. Advice on preparing to become a candidate for prestigious awards is available on our Blackboard organization.
No. The Bobby Jones Scholarship selection committee has no preferences for particular majors or areas of study. Historically, there has been a wide range of majors represented among Bobby Jones Scholars.