Scholars’ benefits are available to ALL enrolled Emory Scholars who have active standing in the program. Scholars in active standing must maintain a cumulative grade point average as indicated in their individual award letters.
1) Tuition Money
Scholarship amounts are contingent upon the type of scholarship received and cover eight semesters of study, excluding summer school and transient study. The number of semesters covered for Dean's Achievement scholars varies depending on the timing of being awarded the scholarship.
2) Scholar Community Building Activities
Emory Scholars are encouraged to build strong bonds within the Scholars community. Individuals can be reimbursed for shared cultural experiences, such as meals or attending shows or performances.
Group EventsThere will be several faculty- and student-led outings to various venues (museum, theater, symphony, etc.) each semester. The information for these events will be posted on the Scholars Learnlink conference and announced on the listserv. Participants will be selected by lottery as done with Coffeetalks.
- Four or more scholars may attend any ticketed event together and receive reimbursement of up to $20.00 per Scholar.
- Proof of purchase is required (receipts, ticket stubs, etc.) for each scholar. Copies of the same receipt are acceptable so long as each individual Scholar indicates his/her expenditures.
- Transportation to the ticketed event will be reimbursed up to $10.00 per person (with receipt). Scholars should travel together.
3) Summer Programs
Summer Study Abroad Awards
- Scholarships for an Emory CIPA summer study-abroad program each year.
- Scholars must indicate that he/she is an Emory Scholar when applying for a CIPA Program.
- Visit the CIPA website at www.cipa.emory.edu for further information.
- Scholars receive a set amount for summer-abroad tuition, which is determined annually by the Emory Scholars Program. Transportation and miscellaneous spending costs are not included.
- Students eligible for the Courtesy award are ineligible for this award and should contact Human Resources at 404-727-7613 for more information on applying the Courtesy scholarship to summer study-abroad programs.
Criteria for Selection
- Class standing in the College will be considered in the selection process. Class standing is based on expected graduation date only.
- Active-standing status meeting the GPA requirement.
- First-time participants will be given priority over past participants.
- Continuity with current course of study/major as demonstrated in application.
- Continuity with current course of language study as demonstrated in application.
- The Selection Committee will determine the number and amount of awards each year.
Scholarship and Service Summer Program (SAS)
- Scholars may apply for an eight-week-long, community-based service program.
- Interns apply to participate in the Living/Learning Community while working in an Atlanta-based service organization. Stipend and living arrangements are provided.
4) Class Priority
Scholars receive priority in class selection over other members of their own class. Class is determined based on number of credit hours earned. Priority status is automatically recognized by OPUS and the direct enrollment appointment system.
5) Housing Priority
Scholars may participate in the housing assignment system for University room and roommate selection. Priority is automatically assigned to Scholar accounts when they complete the housing process as instructed. (Please Note: This process does not guarantee that you will get the room you requested.)
Incoming first-year students do not receive housing priority.
*Benefits information is subject to change as College and University policies change.